Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » "No data found" message / parameter drop down list
"No data found" message / parameter drop down list [message #313077] Thu, 10 April 2008 10:39 Go to next message
shree_z
Hi,

I have registered an Oracle report as Concurrent program.

I have 2 questions about this.

1)I want to show "No data found" when the report is run and returns no row..

How can this be made possible?

2)the report has a parameter "Operating Unit"
How can I have a drop down list for operating units ?

Thanks in advance

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Thu, 10 April 2008 16:12] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

After report trigger [message #313105 is a reply to message #313077] Thu, 10 April 2008 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shree_z
Hi all,

I wanted to have an After Report Trigger, such that if the report generated no output, then the trigger would display in the output "No Data Found".. this would be triggered only when no output is generated.

Could any one please help me wih the steps to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Re: After report trigger [message #313127 is a reply to message #313105] Thu, 10 April 2008 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, I wouldn't use AFTER REPORT trigger; I'd create a SUMMARY column which would perform COUNT function over one of columns returned by a query, and break on report. Let's call it "my_count".

In Paper Layout Editor, I'd write "NO DATA FOUND" and create Format Trigger for this text object which would look like
RETURN (:my_count = 0);
In other words: if count function returned 0 (as there were no records at all), display this text.
Re: After report trigger [message #313131 is a reply to message #313127] Thu, 10 April 2008 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Please, do not multipost. You have asked the same question twice. There's no need to do that, just continue discussion in existing topic.

As of your question which regards drop down list for a parameter, open this parameter's Property Inspector and write List of Values' query (or use static values).
Re: After report trigger [message #313144 is a reply to message #313131] Thu, 10 April 2008 19:15 Go to previous message
shree_z
Hi Littlefoot,

Sorry that I posted the same question twice.. I make sure that I wont do that again..

Thanks for your reply.. I am now trying with the summary column...

And for the drop down lists.. that worked!!

Thanks again for the reply.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 April 2008 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Version of Oracle Discoverer
Next Topic: condition not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 06:53:36 CDT 2024