Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how to hide an object on printing? (Reports 6i)
how to hide an object on printing? [message #314705] Thu, 17 April 2008 09:31 Go to next message
blaze
I have some objects what must be showed on print preview, but can't be printed on page. Is there any suggestion how to hide any object (button, frame, field...) on printing?
Re: how to hide an object on printing? [message #314791 is a reply to message #314705] Thu, 17 April 2008 15:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Perhaps there is a "trick" that will do the job, but I can't think of any at the moment. In other words, I think that you'll have to run the report twice - once for previewing, and second time for printing purposes.

Hiding objects is easy - create a parameter (let's call it PAR_HIDE) which will be 'Y' if you want to hide these objects or 'N' if you want to display them.

Create a FORMAT TRIGGER for each of these objects which would look as
RETURN (:par_hide <> 'Y');

Now, if someone could find the way to do that on PUSH_PRINT_BUTTON trigger (which, unfortunately, doesn't exist), that would be something!

Oh, yes - yet another semi-idea: if the output goes to a, let's say, 30% grey paper, you could create these objects using 30% grey colour; as preview goes to the white paper, objects would be visible, but 30% paper + 30% object outline/colour = invisible objects.

I guess, though, that it's not very likely to happen.
Previous Topic: Report to Execl
Next Topic: Information on FNDLOAD ID,FNDPOP ID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 06:45:50 CDT 2024