Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Shutdown of OS Windows shutdowns database with abort option
Shutdown of OS Windows shutdowns database with abort option [message #316523] Fri, 25 April 2008 09:14 Go to next message
pavel.vomlel@berit.cz
Hi everybody,

I have question about running Oracle database on windows OS.

I'm running 10.2.0.3 DB on MS Windows server 2003. I have correctly set registry keys ORA_ORCL_SHUTDOWN=TRUE, type immediate .....

If I stop ORCLservice from service panel, database stops corectly with immediate option - it's visible in alert log.
But if I restart operating system with running database, database is shutdowned without any information in alert log and needs recovery after starting up. That means that database went down in abort mode.

This behaviour I tested on two computers and it's the same.

Any idea?

Thanks
Pavel
Re: Shutdown of OS Windows shutdowns database with abort option [message #316526 is a reply to message #316523] Fri, 25 April 2008 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
You may want to delete and recreate the Oracle Window's service and specify IMMEDIATE as the SHUTMODE and specify srvc,inst as the SHUTTYPE. Wouldn't hurt to do a reboot after you delete the service.
Re: Shutdown of OS Windows shutdowns database with abort option [message #316528 is a reply to message #316526] Fri, 25 April 2008 09:54 Go to previous message
pavel.vomlel@berit.cz
It works Smile.

Thanks a lot
Pavel
Previous Topic: Getting this below error while trying to recreate a tablespace if the file already exists
Next Topic: Oracle RDBMS 10.2.0.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 06 16:32:27 CDT 2024