Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Pro*C Application Not Working after Oracle Upgrade (Oracle 10g 10.2.0.4.0 -- AIX)
Pro*C Application Not Working after Oracle Upgrade [message #329028] Mon, 23 June 2008 14:35 Go to next message
jboshears
I'm trying to debug why a Pro*C application is hanging during execution.

I was told the application executed successfully before the server was upgraded from Oracle 9i to 10g.

It sounds like the application needs to be recompiled for 10g. Are there any other possibilities I need to look into?

I searched these forums for related information, but didn't find anything.

Thanks!
Re: Pro*C Application Not Working after Oracle Upgrade [message #329050 is a reply to message #329028] Mon, 23 June 2008 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
The best is actually to recompile above all if you statically linked the libraries with your program.

Regards
Michel
Re: Pro*C Application Not Working after Oracle Upgrade [message #329205 is a reply to message #329028] Tue, 24 June 2008 09:03 Go to previous message
fuadar
The only thing you need to make sure is that you have the right environment for the compile. It is very important to understand the build processes and make sure the makefile is appropriate for instance . i'm guessing your application links to static libraries and thus compile might help solve your issue
Previous Topic: SQLDA structures vs MODE=ANSI
Next Topic: OCCI and returning cursors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:28:30 CDT 2024