Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Synchronizing (Oracle 9i, Windows Client and Linux Server)
icon5.gif  Synchronizing [message #329260] Tue, 24 June 2008 14:26 Go to next message
trw_
I'd like to synchronize my indexes periodically. I know I need to use ctx_ddl.sync_index(). I'd like to use it to synchronize ALL my indexes, not just one. So if I understand correctly, to do that I need to execute it as CTXSYS, right? And if I don't pass it any parameters, it will update ALL my indexes?

I made an sql script in my oracle_home/bin directory called "syncjob.sql" that I'd run. I'm just not sure where I'd run the script from and what I would do to call it.

define interval = "&1"
set serveroutput on
declare job number;
begin
dbms_job.submit(job, 'ctx_ddl.sync_index();', interval=>'SYSDATE+&interval/1440');
commit;
end;

Some help on synchronizing all my indexes would be great. Thanks!
Re: Synchronizing [message #329519 is a reply to message #329260] Wed, 25 June 2008 11:34 Go to previous message
trw_
Well I figured out how to make all the indexes synchronize, but now I don't know how to make them all optimize. Does anyone know a way to make ctx_ddl.optimize_index() work on ALL indexes?
Previous Topic: Phrase querying
Next Topic: Displaying search results from table and CTX_DOC.SNIPPET - Returning error messages (merged by bb)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:34:25 CDT 2024