Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Installation (Oracle 9i)
Installation [message #329697] Thu, 26 June 2008 05:00 Go to next message
ora_2007
1. Oracle 9i is installed on C drive.

2. We need two instances of Oracle 9i, one on drive C: and another on drive D:, on the same machine.

3. User name for both the instances should be: TESTSERVER
password for both the instances should be: TESTSERVER

4. The user "TESTSERVER" for both the instances should have DBA rights on Oracle server.

How can i do it?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Installation [message #329698 is a reply to message #329697] Thu, 26 June 2008 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> 2. We need two instances of Oracle 9i, one on drive C: and another on drive D:, on the same machine.
You mean two databases.
Just create two different databases.

Re: Installation [message #329814 is a reply to message #329697] Thu, 26 June 2008 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hhelgen
What do you mean by two instances?

• If you mean two separate installs into their own Oracle home? Oracle 9i database can be installed in a single home and serve multiple databases.
  • If you mean two separate databases, they cannot have the same SID or service name. One could be named DEV and the other could be TEST, for example. Try the Database Configuration Assistant that gets installed with Enterprise Manager.
  • If you mean two schemas in an existing database see the following code to create a DBA user in a database. This assumes that the USR tablespace in one database has its datafiles on C: and the USR tablespace on the other database has its datafiles on D:

CREATE USER "TESTSERVER"  PROFILE "DEFAULT" 
    IDENTIFIED BY "TESTSERVER" DEFAULT TABLESPACE "USR" 
    ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
GRANT "CONNECT" TO "TESTSERVER";
GRANT "DBA" TO "TESTSERVER";

Re: Installation [message #331638 is a reply to message #329697] Fri, 04 July 2008 04:59 Go to previous message
ora110
I don't know whar you said .
if you want create two oracle instance , you can't use the same name .
Previous Topic: linux and oracle 9i
Next Topic: Rebuilding Indexes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 17:17:23 CDT 2024