Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Unable to create DSN using SQLConfigDataSource on windows 64bit (Oracle 10g client windows 64bit server 2003)
Unable to create DSN using SQLConfigDataSource on windows 64bit [message #346342] Mon, 08 September 2008 04:59
amrajkamal
Hi all,

I have a 32bit application that needs to be ported and installed on to 64bit Win2k3 server.

During installation of the product, Install script is failing to create a DSN using SQLConfigDataSource API on 64bit windows2k3 server.

I installed 32 bit Oracle client(10.2) on the 64bit m/c, despite this, I am getting an error "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified, Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed"

But when I invoke odbcad32.exe from "C:\windows\syswow64\", I am able to see all 32bit drivers and I am able to create the DSN and Test the connection successfully to a 64bit ORACLE 10g DB installed on the same m/c. I am even able to connect to the same database from the COMMAND PROMPT through the command "sqlplus" with same credentials and SID.

Based on observations from the debug, I feel the Installer is picking up odbcad32.exe from "C:\windows\system32\" folder. Hence what I did was, I copied the 32 bit odbcad32.exe from "c:\windows\syswow64" folder into the above folder. At this juncture, the product Installer was able to create the DSN, but it is still failing to TEST the connection successfully and my Installer quits giving the above error.

Can somebody help me out in this regard, about how I can overcome this problem. Is there something that I am missing ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Murali.

Previous Topic: Automated Script for checking drive space in Windows
Next Topic: Unable to Install Data Access client DLL for .NET
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:08:33 CDT 2024