Home » Applications » PeopleSoft, JD Edwards & Siebel » Siebel 7.5 - UPDATE Question (Siebel 7.5)
Siebel 7.5 - UPDATE Question [message #394365] Thu, 26 March 2009 12:04
ithian1
Good Afternoon,

Intro:
Let me start off with a little information about my company. I work for a Laundry Service Provider that is currently using a version of Siebel that is to my knowledge unsupported by Oracle at the moment or atleast will be shortly if not already. To be honest when my company selected Siebel as a CRM Application it was probably too much program for what we use it for. We currently only use this application for Account, contract and Proposal information relating to the Laundry Industry. We do have limited use of Marketing Screens as well but we primarily use this for a "Custom" Approval process that was created for us.
When my company originally had this program setup (I believe it was back in 2003/2004) we had a deticated Siebel Programmer and a Siebel Administrator. A few years later from 2005 - 2007 Management desided to cut the programmer and just keep the Siebel Administrator in a programing role to try to save cost. Flash forward to today and now we only have Application support staff and our VP of Developmental IT that has some basic programming knowledge of Siebel.

I realize that since we have some customizations to our Version of Siebel that not everything is going to be stock however I have run across an issue where an Employee Record has been deleted from our User Administration "Screen". This employee has been with the company since the addition of Siebel so by deleting the record it has effectively orphaned hundreds if not thousands of files. What i've done to remedy the situation so far was to create a duplicate record for this employee matching all Responsibilities, Job Title, UserID, Name, and Position ect. This seems to have worked with exception to the Employee Id which appears to be autogenerated and locked out from change on the front end. I currently have the Old Employee ID and I'm looking to do an update in the back end that will effect anything that looks for the Employee ID.

Question:
My Question: Is there a way to run an UPDATE to a Siebel Table that will replace the New Employee ID on the duplicated Employee Record with the Old EmployeeID that is linked to Orphaned records ??

Not being a programer myself I have somewhat limited knowledge of the tables in Siebel and I apologize if this question is out of line or belongs on another forum. I also want to thank anyone that takes the time to read this regardless of a response.

Any advise is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
~Keith

Previous Topic: Orcle iStore information
Next Topic: JD EDWARDS Enterprises one
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:54:41 CDT 2024