Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Data Guard Connection with Application (Oracle 10g R2)
Data Guard Connection with Application [message #410133] Thu, 25 June 2009 07:21 Go to next message
imran_nu
With the help of your expertise, i have successfully implemented data guard for our production database.

On the fail-over of primary db, the control switch to standby db using data guard observer. Both the primary and standby database have different SID and on differenet location (connected through TNSNAMES.ora)

The application running on our production database was build on Forms Developer 10g . The application is accessing my primary database and have a 24/7 usage time.

I am afraid how the form developer will switch from primary database to standby as both have different SID and destination.
Looking for your guidance
Re: Data Guard Connection with Application [message #410161 is a reply to message #410133] Thu, 25 June 2009 08:58 Go to previous message
babuknb

>>With the help of your expertise, i have successfully implemented data guard for our production database.

Thanks for your feedback.

>>I am afraid how the form developer will switch from primary database to standby as both have different SID and destination

Why Developer need to switch over database? I think DBA Only responsible for Admin Activity.

Thanks
Previous Topic: estimating network delay of redo transfer - Dataguard
Next Topic: datafile creation in standby(not dataguard)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:50:47 CDT 2024