Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting
differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting [message #419329] Fri, 21 August 2009 05:12 Go to next message
fortheppl
Hi,

i am having some doubts reg HFM.please provide me the useful docs or doc-Id's

1.Differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting.
2.which one of the above is betterand why?
3.Is Hyperion designed for Oracle Application?
4.Which is similar to SAP's Business Objects would it be Hyperion or Oracle BI?

Also, please let me know the comparisons between SAP's BO and Oracle reporting offerings which is the better product for us? Right now, we have Business Objects

Regards,
Forthe
Re: differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting [message #420107 is a reply to message #419329] Thu, 27 August 2009 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi,

Quote:
1.Differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting.

http://businessintelligencedw.blogspot.com/2008/07/siebel-analytics-obiee-vs-hyperion.html
Please note that this is not an official Oracle statement.

Basically, Hyperion is originally a so called MOLAP tool with a front end that evolved into a specialized financial planning and business performance analysis application. OBIEE is originally a query tool that can create dasboards and enables ad hoc reporting to end-users.

Quote:
2.which one of the above is betterand why?

Depends on what you expect from it. What is better, a car or a plane and why?

Quote:
3.Is Hyperion designed for Oracle Application?

I don't know, please check http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12825_01/nav/portal_1.htm
Please note Oracle BI Applications, which can source from various ERP systems including Oracle Applications: http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/bi_apps.html

Quote:
4.Which is similar to SAP's Business Objects would it be Hyperion or Oracle BI?

OBIEE, see http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/bi_ee.html

Quote:
Also, please let me know the comparisons between SAP's BO and Oracle reporting offerings which is the better product for us? Right now, we have Business Objects

Again, better depends on what you want it to do...

If you are serious about this, it might be worth to invite an Oracle sales rep to visit you. They get paid to know all this Wink

Regards,
Sabine
Re: differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting [message #420138 is a reply to message #420107] Thu, 27 August 2009 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fortheppl
Hi Skooman,

Thanks a ton for your reply..you made my day.

Actually for reporting purpose we are looking for a better one in between BI and Hyperion.so you might be knowing which one is offering more features in terms of reporting.requesting to guide me in this regard which one to choose between both.

Regards,
Forthe
Re: differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting [message #420214 is a reply to message #420138] Thu, 27 August 2009 10:04 Go to previous message
skooman
For "pure" reporting I would say OBIEE. But still, it depends on what you want (and in this case what you consider to be "reporting"). Perhaps you mean pixel-perfect, accounting-fiscal-like reports. In that case BI Publisher is much better then OBIEE (indeed, yet another tool in the same "range").

So, it all depends on what you need. Set up a list of requirements and Oracle will bbe more then happy to tell you what Oracle product best suits your needs Wink
Previous Topic: Help with pivot table design, example report
Next Topic: Display dates in different languages formats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:17:26 CDT 2024