Home » Other » Training & Certification » From Where to Start (Oracle)
From Where to Start [message #422314] Tue, 15 September 2009 08:25 Go to next message
willactnow
Hi Friends,

I am new to Oracle. I know a bit of programming. I want to become expert in Oracle. From where should I start? I want to start from the scratch and build my knowledge about ORACLE.
What steps should i take? From where I can find good tutorials? Which are the good forums to know about oracle? Kindly advice.

HS
Re: From Where to Start [message #422322 is a reply to message #422314] Tue, 15 September 2009 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
First Database Concepts
Then Database SQL Reference
For a developer:
PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference
Application Developer's Guide - Fundamentals
For an administrator:
Database Reference
Administrator's Guide
Database Backup and Recovery Basics

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Tue, 15 September 2009 08:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: From Where to Start [message #422767 is a reply to message #422322] Fri, 18 September 2009 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mehboob.oyster
Hi, willactnow

You have asked a better question. I also need to start from scratch but i do not know from where to start.

One more thing i also do not know what career options are available to me after doing Oracle?
I also need to know that which type of Oracle programme is more career oriented.

I would appreciate that some expert who is good on all these things pls throw his point of view over here for our better understanding.

Thx
Re: From Where to Start [message #425681 is a reply to message #422314] Sun, 11 October 2009 13:58 Go to previous message
AleciaBrent
You want to learn ORACLE,PL/SQL etc. Start with quick starters and understand the basic concepts.Once you got basics then start to Practicals. And I think furthering an education like getting certifications and IT training can be beneficial as it can provide an individual with new skills to meet industry requirements.
Previous Topic: Oracle Certification Exam order
Next Topic: dba questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:09:59 CDT 2024