Home » Other » Community Hangout » An afternoon with Steven Feuerstein
An afternoon with Steven Feuerstein [message #423532] Fri, 25 September 2009 02:42 Go to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yesterday I attended a short afternoon course presented by Steven Feuerstein.

"Code Therapy for Software Developers" was an interesting one, talking about gadgets that make developers' life easier (such as a vertical mouse, wave keyboard or Imak), taking a nap if you are unable to solve a problem for more than half an hour (it seems that people liked that one the most!), two brain-developing games (Mastermind and the Set game), etc.

After a short break, there was the "Automated testing options for Oracle PL/SQL" lecture. The introduction talked about manual testing (bad, bad, bad) and utPLSQL, but the stress was on Quest Software's Code Tester, a GUI tool which automates testing. He had demonstrated how it works on a small sample function and ... well, it seems to be interesting!

I have left certain links here; I didn't mean to advertise anything, but I though that - if someone is interested in what it was about - shouldn't spend too much time searching for it.
Re: An afternoon with Steven Feuerstein [message #423612 is a reply to message #423532] Fri, 25 September 2009 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Littlefoot wrote on Fri, 25 September 2009 03:42
... taking a nap if you are unable to solve a problem for more than half an hour (it seems that people liked that one the most!)

I definitely like that idea !!

Looks like the new SQL Developer 2.1 is providing automated testing too.
Re: An afternoon with Steven Feuerstein [message #431116 is a reply to message #423612] Sun, 15 November 2009 04:14 Go to previous message
javed.khan

Thanks LF .
Previous Topic: Now I know why they wrap their packages.
Next Topic: New Oracle support portal a 'fiasco'?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:42:39 CDT 2024