Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Where i should write Java Code?
Where i should write Java Code? [message #426687] Mon, 19 October 2009 00:37 Go to next message
shakeelkhan_bk
Hi guys,
Am totally new to Java Technology.i install JDK1.4.and also later version but i didn't found any option for GUI environment where i can write code, as in oracle forms we write code in forms10g GUI environment and compile it and its output is display in a browser.i search much but everywhere i found they write java code in notepad then compile it from DOS .what java has no GUI environment where i can write code and can develop GUI interfaces.if it's not right then please guide me how it is possible.

Thanks and take good care
Re: Where i should write Java Code? [message #426694 is a reply to message #426687] Mon, 19 October 2009 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
What you are looking for is not a GUI, but an IDE. That is probably why you could not find anything.
Several (free) options here, all with their own pros and cons: JDeveloper, Eclipse, NetBeans
Re: Where i should write Java Code? [message #426719 is a reply to message #426687] Mon, 19 October 2009 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shakeelkhan_bk
thanks dear,
it means JDK installation setups only java platform on our computer,there is no IDE,if we want to write code in IDE we will download jdeveloper,Eclipse,Netbeans.
why these options are not part of JDK?
Re: Where i should write Java Code? [message #426738 is a reply to message #426719] Mon, 19 October 2009 04:25 Go to previous message
Frank
The JDK installs the stuff to compile ( and run, since it also includes the JRE) your code.
Why should it include an IDE? If it did, you'd probably have wanted just the other IDE. Now you have the chance to pick your own.
Java is not the only one to do it like this; come to think of it, I don't know of any programming language that comes with an IDE..
Previous Topic: Parsing XML document in PL/SQL
Next Topic: Which is faster xmltype VS clob
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 02:56:29 CDT 2024