Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Determining DB connection type from within OCI callback function(s)?
Determining DB connection type from within OCI callback function(s)? [message #433529] Wed, 02 December 2009 14:54
knelson1964
Is it possible to determine the transport (e.g. TCP, IPC, BEQ) used when connecting to a database from within the OCI callback environment?

Another way to describe this problem is that I would like to do detailed monitoring via the OCI for DB sessions that are local to the server only, connecting via IPC or BEQ. Sessions connecting via TCP, whether local or remote, are not of interest and are to be ignored.

I searched the Oracle Call Interface Programmer's Guide and it hints that connection information is stored within a server handle, but I can find no attributes for retrieving this information. Searching this forum and googling have yielding nothing as well.

The only alternate idea I have is to parse the DB name string passed on an OCILogon() call, but that seems like it would be a pretty complex solution in order to be general.

Is it possible to get this information?

TIA for any help.
Previous Topic: OCCI - External Procedure and callback
Next Topic: Connection Pooling over Multiple processes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:08:19 CDT 2024