Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Specifying RAC in SQL*Net V2 connection string
Specifying RAC in SQL*Net V2 connection string [message #435559] Wed, 16 December 2009 16:31
tonality
Hello all;

I am attempting to write a script that connects to an Oracle RAC system without the use of a tnsnames.ora file. I have been successful at getting the script working with a single oracle instance, but my unfamiliarity with the innards of RAC seem to be keeping me from connecting successfully to a load-balanced SID. My connection string is using standard SQL*Net V2 syntax and has the option to set the connect descriptor, but I am not sure how i can translate that into a viable connection to a RAC system as opposed to hitting one of the servers in the cluster directly.

If I understand correctly, process-based load balancing occurs at the server-side of RAC, while connection-based load balancing occurs at the client side (which is what i'm needing), is this correct?

My current iteration uses the simple user/pass@host/instance string, but I don't know enough about SQL*Net to pass it the parameters necessary to support RAC.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the newb question! If any further info is needed please let me know!

-Tony
Previous Topic: listener
Next Topic: ORA-12154 Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:30:59 CDT 2024