Home » Infrastructure » Linux » How to burn bootable CD for media pack donloaded from edelivery? (Enterprise Linux Release 4 Update 6 x86 32 bit)
How to burn bootable CD for media pack donloaded from edelivery? [message #440126] Thu, 21 January 2010 03:35 Go to next message
chetanaZ
Hi,

I have downloaded the 'Enterprise Linux Release 4' media pack from edekivery.oracle.com

I want to create bootable CDs from it

Oracle has follows inmstrcuctions in related 'Readme.txt'

Quote:

Readme for Media Pack B47849-01

1. Download the compressed binary CD images
2. Uncompress the CD images
The downloaded files are compressed with the zip format. Use any unzip tool to uncompress the file, or download a utility from eDelivery http://updates.oracle.com/unzips/unzips.html.
3. Write the CD images to CDs
Use your favorite cd burning software to write these images directly to CD. Do not write the image files to the CD. To test if you have burned the images correctly, insert a burned cd and ensure that multiple files and directories are visible.
4. Insert the first cd, and boot

However when I unzipped the downloaded file, I got another zipped file with little larger size(meaning original contest was mostly zipped twice!)
If I unzip it further, I will get the unzipped contents i.e. the installable files

I am not sure if I burn a Cd, writing all these files (unzipped twice), since the following line in insturction 3 says:
"Do not write the image files to the CD"

Could you please help me on this?

Also can I unzip it using winzip on windows?

Thanks and Regards,
Chetana

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 05:30] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to burn bootable CD for media pack donloaded from edelivery? [message #440127 is a reply to message #440126] Thu, 21 January 2010 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
You have already downloaded the required one ...And you got the instructions.
Might be it have an CD image ..Then directly write that file to cd (Image copy is different using which we can re burn the same files?)

Burn one CD and test it, As Its a matter of 1 CD..

Goodluck
sriram Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 04:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to burn bootable CD for media pack donloaded from edelivery? [message #440130 is a reply to message #440126] Thu, 21 January 2010 04:18 Go to previous message
chetanaZ
Hi,

I have already mentioned that it's zipped version of a zip file
It is not a direct an iso image.

Readme.txt Instrction says 'unzip the downloaded file'
at the same time it says 'do not write the image files to CD'

Thats is confusing (at least)for me

Thanks and Regards,
Chetana
Previous Topic: which linux for oracle 10g
Next Topic: oracle Application works in Ubuntu 9.10 ..But not showing icons.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:57:21 CDT 2024