Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Accessing/Link Database (9i)
Accessing/Link Database [message #441180] Fri, 29 January 2010 04:23 Go to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
i am running a web running on hosting server.
1. The hosting server cannot provides oracle database hosting/support.
2. i want to use my local server(home oracle database installed) via my my web across the city.
3. My Local server has static ip address.
4. where i can installed my Developer suit(on the web hosting server, which is not allowed)or all my clients across the city.
5. if i adopt the way to install Developer suit/run time files to across the city to all my clients.
6. where i can create a database links?
pls help me...
Re: Accessing/Link Database [message #441226 is a reply to message #441180] Fri, 29 January 2010 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>. where i can create a database links?
database links are created within & exist inside database.
database links are used to allow 1 DB server to act as client.
If you have only 1 DB then no database links are necessary.

Do you have a valid license to use Developer in/with commercial application along with license for Database?
Re: Accessing/Link Database [message #441256 is a reply to message #441226] Fri, 29 January 2010 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
the other five parts have not been answered.i know that databnbase links are crteated on database. but i want to help me that i have to create databse on all clients. or not. becoz i am accessing throught static ip address database.

1. The hosting server cannot provides oracle database hosting/support.
2. i want to use my local server(home oracle database installed) via my my web across the city.
3. My Local server has static ip address.
4. where i can installed my Developer suit(on the web hosting server, which is not allowed)or all my clients across the city.
5. if i adopt the way to install Developer suit/run time files to across the city to all my clients.
Re: Accessing/Link Database [message #441260 is a reply to message #441256] Fri, 29 January 2010 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>1. The hosting server cannot provides oracle database hosting/support.

What will you have running on hosting server?

>2. i want to use my local server(home oracle database installed) via my my web across the city.
It is your system & can with it as you desire.

>3. My Local server has static ip address.
Static IP# will make it easier for me to access your DB

>4. where i can installed my Developer suit(on the web hosting server, which is not allowed)or all my clients across the city.
Leave Developer where it is installed now.

>5. if i adopt the way to install Developer suit/run time files to across the city to all my clients.

Do you have a valid license to use Developer in/with commercial application along with commercial license for Database?

Re: Accessing/Link Database [message #441294 is a reply to message #441260] Sat, 30 January 2010 04:33 Go to previous message
shahzad-ul-hasan
i am asnwering your questions:
1........What will you have running on hosting server?
Access, SQL Server

2........It is your system & can with it as you desire.
It means i can use....

3......Static IP# will make it easier for me to access your DB
Ok. Fine (What procedure...advised me)

4.....Leave Developer where it is installed now.
at that time on my server. but how client can access the application without it.?

5. Yes..

pls advised me
Previous Topic: Onames Service
Next Topic: Reading XML File from Mailbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 21:37:52 CDT 2024