Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Is there an autocommit setting within app server (Forms v10.1.2.0.2, Win 2003)
Is there an autocommit setting within app server [message #454845] Fri, 07 May 2010 13:23 Go to next message
quigs
Hi All,

I have already submitted this question to the Forms forum but haven't had a solution as yet.

I have been testing out a form using 10.1.2.0.2 on a v10.2.0.1 db and in my local env. the form works correctly i.e. if I make a change and 'post' it and then exit and press NO (when asked to save changes) then it correctly leaves the value in the database as it originally was.

The process works by the user pressing a button in form A (read only form) and this opens form B (using open_mode,session,activate) and the user makes their change(s) in form B (a 'post' command is issued in a When New Rec Inst trigger on a db block when the user navigates to a new record within the same block if it is determined that the block status <> 'QUERY') before returning to form A and pressing 'NO' when prompted to save changes.

However, if I run the same process in the TEST env. using the same executable against the same database but a different app server then it actually updates the database value.

I have tested this by adding a debug message at the end of form B to retrieve the db value back AFTER having issued a clear_form(no_commit) just for the sake of the test and it still returns me the 'new' i.e. amended value - which is obviously incorrect.
From what I can see it would appear that the commit occurs straight after the 'post' has been issued and well before the user even exits the form.

Is this a known bug with the 'post' built-in or could it be that a parameter is set to act in this way (i.e. is there an 'autocommit' setting that is 'ON') within the application server?

I would appreciate an urgent response as I am due to deploy the form in the production env. very soon.

Kind regards,

Tom
Re: Is there an autocommit setting within app server [message #454852 is a reply to message #454845] Fri, 07 May 2010 14:32 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Please, do not cross-post. This topic is locked, but everyone who wants to discuss the subject can do that here.
Previous Topic: which application server reliase can i install on OS windows 7
Next Topic: add forms midtier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:48:46 CDT 2024