Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Fast Method to Install Oracle Client in multiple machines (Windows)
Fast Method to Install Oracle Client in multiple machines [message #457557] Tue, 25 May 2010 03:37 Go to next message
ddbbaa
Hi all,

I need to install Oracle Data Provider for NET (and all depending Oracle client SW components) in multiple client machines.

Exist any other options (faster) without installing oracle client on each of the machines?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Fast Method to Install Oracle Client in multiple machines [message #458049 is a reply to message #457557] Thu, 27 May 2010 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
Not that I know of. Maybe there is someone smarter than I, but unless you are building these machines yourself and can thus "disk duplicate" you pretty much must do some kind of install. There are installation automation tools you can use. for example, my company downloads updates and installs automatically to my remote desktop that I use from home. Look into one of these maybe.

Kevin
Re: Fast Method to Install Oracle Client in multiple machines [message #458243 is a reply to message #458049] Fri, 28 May 2010 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ddbbaa
Thanks Kevin,

Really what i need to know is if is possible to install Oracle Data Provider for NET (and all depending Oracle client SW components) first in one client machine and then using it as "template", copy the folders of the installation of oracle and adding the appropriate registry entries in the rest client machines would be sufficient.

I do not know if this is possible. This would greatly facilitate installation on multiple machines that i need (i have to say that the machines are in different domains).

Someone could help me?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2010 01:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fast Method to Install Oracle Client in multiple machines [message #458352 is a reply to message #458243] Fri, 28 May 2010 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkounalis
It may be possible, but who do you go to to get help if your installation goes south? I doubt Oracle will help as you didn't use the OUI. For that matter, what is wrong with creating a response file and just installing the software on all the machines using the OUI and the response file - making it that no human intervention is required?
Re: Fast Method to Install Oracle Client in multiple machines [message #463069 is a reply to message #458352] Tue, 29 June 2010 10:43 Go to previous message
CajunVarst
It would be more reliable to use an answer file/unattended installation script and execute either through a network logon script or active directory.
Previous Topic: How to schedule backup on windows 2008 server
Next Topic: Tool to monitor Oracle Host & Services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:43:00 CDT 2024