Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » error_log messages (OAS 10.1.2.3, SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9)
error_log messages [message #488402] Fri, 07 January 2011 03:08 Go to next message
jordi_r_r
Hello all,

I have a question about some errors that are shown in a log file. The log file is access_log from $ORACLE_HOME/webcache/logs folder.
The error messages are the following:

192.168.0.2 - - [05/Jan/2011:14:48:39 +0100] "GET /forms/java/com/ms/applet/GenericAppletContext.class HTTP/1.1" 404 363 "79756451537,0"
192.168.0.2 - - [05/Jan/2011:14:48:39 +0100] "GET /forms/java/netscape/applet/MozillaAppletContext.class HTTP/1.1" 404 365 "79756451568,0"

I have searched about these class files but I couldn't find anything. I suppose these class files are in a jar file, aren't they? I tried to search the class files to put them in the correct folder but I couldn't found them.
I would like to know how to avoid these message in the log file. Where can I download these files or the jar file that contains them?

Appart from that in the log file appears the following error too:

192.168.0.1 - - [05/Jan/2011:14:48:39 +0100] "GET /forms/java/FDialog.ser HTTP/1.1" 404 334 "79756450743,0"

The FDialog.class is a class made for my company to show the open/save file dialog when the application is executed in web mode and it is located in a jar file. I googled the .ser file extension and I found that it is the serialized class file. The question is, why the application is searching the .ser file?
I also would like to avoid this message.

I have an OAS 10.1.2.3.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much.

Jordi
Re: error_log messages [message #488422 is a reply to message #488402] Fri, 07 January 2011 05:52 Go to previous message
jordi_r_r
Hello,

I've found the source of the problem.
The Java project for the FDialog class has a function to detect the browser of the client, IE or Firefox with the following code:

// Find out the current Browser
public static int getBrowser()
{
int vBrowser=UNKNOWN;

// Find out what the current browser is searching for browser-dependent classes
try
{
// Try IExplorer base security class
Class.forName("com.ms.applet.GenericAppletContext");
vBrowser=IEXPLORER;
}
catch (Exception e) {
}
if (vBrowser==UNKNOWN) // Browser not already found
{
try
{
// Try Netscape base security class
Class.forName("netscape.applet.MozillaAppletContext");
vBrowser=NETSCAPE;
}
catch (Exception e) {}
}
return vBrowser;
}

where com.ms.applet.GenericAppletContext and netscape.applet.MozillaAppletContext classes are referenced.
I've found a .jar file which contains the GenericAppletContext.class, then I put the jar file and modified the CLASSPATH to point to the file but it didn't work.
The following step I did was to create the folders com/ms/applet and put the GenericAppletContext.class file in this folder and it works and regardless of the client browser!!!
I don't understand why but it seems to instantiate the java class in the server side not in the client one. The "GET /forms/java/com/ms/applet/GenericAppletContext.class" request is made and if the file exists it doesn't matter what type of browser the client is executing.

Regarding to the FDialog.ser file I don't understand why it tries to find this file but if I create an empty file with the FDialog.ser name the log disappear. This is a "solution" but I want to understand why it is trying to find the .ser file. Any suggestion?

Thank you very much,

Jordi
Previous Topic: connectivity probelm
Next Topic: Cannot connect to mod_plsql with Oracle Apex and Oracle Application Server 10.1.2.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:54:11 CDT 2024