Home » Other » Client Tools » Closed connection error after procedure debug in SQL Develoiper (Oracle 11g, SQL Developer 1.1.3, Windows XP)
Closed connection error after procedure debug in SQL Develoiper [message #496239] Fri, 25 February 2011 07:32 Go to next message
Dipali Vithalani
Hi,

Oracle Database: Oracle 11g Version: 11.1.0.6.0
Tool: Oracle SQL developer. Version : 1.1.3

Problem:
After completing debug of procedure from SQL Developer, whenever I try to compile that procedure or execute any query from the SQL worksheet, I get the closed connection error message. However I can debug that procedure for any number of times. Any other activity for that database connection gives closed connection error..

Seems like some setting is needed to be done from my side.. But cound't get it.. Please help me for the same..

Thanks.
Dipali..
Re: Closed connection error after procedure debug in SQL Develoiper [message #496284 is a reply to message #496239] Fri, 25 February 2011 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
First of all, I'd upgrade SQL Developer version. Yours (1.1.3) is an ancient one, so what you experience might be a bug.

The last version (available for free on Oracle Technology Network) is 2.1 (not to mention that version 3 is on the way (quoting OTN: "SQL Developer 3.0 Early Adopter Release 4 is now available for testing and feedback")).

Using a newer software might make your problems vanish just like that.
Re: Closed connection error after procedure debug in SQL Develoiper [message #496425 is a reply to message #496284] Mon, 28 February 2011 03:50 Go to previous message
Dipali Vithalani
Thanks Littlefoot, I will upgrade my SQL Developer S/W.
Previous Topic: Creating Sequence Value After Data Import
Next Topic: SQL*PLUS - How to execute store proc when passing only 2 out of 3 parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:15:08 CDT 2024