Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Using a trigger in OID and updating EBS table (11.2.0.2)
Using a trigger in OID and updating EBS table [message #504789] Wed, 27 April 2011 12:53 Go to next message
sirahs
EBS version is 12.1.3

Hello There - we need to update the e-mail address in per_all_people_f in Oracle EBS based on a trigger that will fire against a column in Oracle Internet Directory (OID). A trigger will be built against table ct_mail, column attrvalue. When a value is inserted or updated this value will use an api on the EBS database to update per_all_people_f. Questions for you guys:
Q => Is ct_mail the correct table to use in OID for email addresses? or can you confirm a different table?

Q => If Ok to use ct_mail as the table can you see any problems with using a trigger in OID?

Q => Finally is a database link between OID and EBS database the best way for the trigger to work or can you suggest a different process?

Thanks in advance for any help
Re: Using a trigger in OID and updating EBS table [message #504794 is a reply to message #504789] Wed, 27 April 2011 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
If this task was assigned to me, I would NOT utilize any trigger against OID.
What happens if/when the network is down or EBS DB not online when OID is changed?
I do not think that real time update of email address is required for business continuity.
In the EBS database I'd add a new table which is essentially a clone of CT_MAIL or similar table in OID.
I'd write a PL/SQL procedure to pull changes from OID into EBS & then make requisite UPDATE to EBS tables.
This procedure only needs to run once a day.
Re: Using a trigger in OID and updating EBS table [message #504976 is a reply to message #504794] Thu, 28 April 2011 11:00 Go to previous message
sirahs
Great insight and ideas BlackSwan...much obliged.
Sandy
Previous Topic: ORA-12154 ODBC Connection
Next Topic: Listener hangs after starting up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:36:02 CDT 2024