Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle Help
Oracle Help [message #510751] Tue, 07 June 2011 08:19 Go to next message
tinamiller1
Fatal NI connect error 12535, connecting to:
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=orasvcdbss0142)(PORT=1521))(LOAD_BALANCE=yes)(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME= ceaprrsvc)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE)(HOST=LHX002CE931H8RK)(USER=tmill29))))

VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
Windows NT TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
Time: 07-JUN-2011 03:53:59
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
nr err code: 0
ns main err code: 12535
TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out
ns secondary err code: 12560
nt main err code: 505
TNS-00505: Operation timed out
nt secondary err code: 60
nt OS err code: 0

I am connecting to my workplaces server and trying to run this. I go through VPN because I work from home. I have been doing this for 3yrs and this is the first time I have ever received this error.
Re: Oracle Help [message #510762 is a reply to message #510751] Tue, 07 June 2011 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What changed, all of the sudden? For 3 years it worked OK, right?
Re: Oracle Help [message #510776 is a reply to message #510762] Tue, 07 June 2011 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tinamiller1
Well they have assumed it was my computer crash and they did not do something correctly with the reimage. Desktop support has been unsuccessful in figuring it out. There are two others that use the same tool as I and one receives the same error as I do. The other person said she can get in but at 10pm. I took her advice and tried running at 10pm and received the error and than 4am and received the error. So it isn't the time I am running the query. So desktop support built a ghost machine for me to remote into. I remoted and loaded what I needed and presto, same error. So it is not related to the PC being used. So far this has been almost a week and no one can figure out what is going on. I am just sitting back thinking where are all these so-called Oracle and ODBC gurus in my large company that has an IT dept that has about 10k employees????? Someone has to know what is wrong.
Re: Oracle Help [message #510780 is a reply to message #510762] Tue, 07 June 2011 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tinamiller1
Could it be that I have 9.2 Oracle and this tnsnames.ora file has information saying it is 10.2. The first line of the file says this:

#tnsnames.ora network configuration file: c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
Re: Oracle Help [message #510798 is a reply to message #510780] Tue, 07 June 2011 15:44 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, TNSNAMES.ORA file looks the same, regardless the database you use (or are connecting to). "#" sign is a "comment"; this line says that TNSNAMES.ORA can be found at the specified location (by default, it is oracle_home\network\admin directory). Important part of the file is what follows.

However, if you installed several Oracle products (each of them should have been installed into its own directory), you probably have as many TNSNAMES.ORA files, so you might be confused ("Which TNSNAMES.ORA am I using?!?"). In order to avoid confusion, you can create TNS_ADMIN environment variable which points to a single TNSNAMES.ORA file (which doesn't have to be located in any of those \network\admin directories, but anywhere you want).

So - do you have more than a single TNSNAMES.ORA? What happens when you (at the operating system command prompt) try to TNSPING database(s) found within the TNSNAMES.ORA? Is it (are they) accessible?
Previous Topic: how to set Windows 7 host credential
Next Topic: ora-12546:tns:permission denied
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:02:52 CDT 2024