Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials" (RDBMS 11.2.0.2 RHEL6 x64, OID 10.1.4)
Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials" [message #521938] Mon, 05 September 2011 02:08 Go to next message
hristo
Hi!

Im using DBCA to register a new database wtih our OID. The registration fails with "invalid directory service credentials".

I now that the password for cn=orcladmin is correct. (I could log on to the OIDadmin console using the same password)

Is there any logs I can look in, or does any one had this problem?

Regards
U
Re: Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials" [message #522012 is a reply to message #521938] Mon, 05 September 2011 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hi - you know that in a default OID installation there are two OID users called orcladmin? The OID super administrator, and the realm-specific administrator? Their passwords are usually different, because the realm administrator is subject to whatever rules the realm has for password complexity and expiry. Perhaps you need to reset it.
Re: Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials" [message #522014 is a reply to message #522012] Mon, 05 September 2011 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hristo
Hi!

Ok, I see. Im very new to the OID, so I dont want to mess up anything.

If I would reset the password, what impact would that have (any doc on how to do it)? Smile

The interesting part is that I have actually done this for another new DB, and that registration went just fine.

Regards
H

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2011 09:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials" [message #522016 is a reply to message #522014] Mon, 05 September 2011 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
If you set the password to what you think it is, then (presumably!) everything will be OK. If I remember correctly, the realm admin password isn't stored anywhere by the LDAP client, it is used only to log on to the directory in order to create the necessary directory entries for your new database. Remember I'm only guessing when I suggest that it might have expired (the default expiry is 60 days).
Re: Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials" [message #522065 is a reply to message #522016] Tue, 06 September 2011 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hristo
Hi!

The account was locked!

ldapbind -h yourhost01 -p 389 -D "cn=orcladmin" -w "Mypassword1"
ldap_bind: DSA is unwilling to perform
ldap_bind: additional info: Password Policy Error :9001: cn=orcladmin : Your account is locked. 
Please contact the Administrator.

oidpasswd connect=DBSID unlock_su_acct=true

And now it works. The good part is that I learned a few new things about the OID Smile

Regards
H

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2011 05:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials" [message #522066 is a reply to message #522065] Tue, 06 September 2011 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Michel
Re: Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials" [message #522140 is a reply to message #522066] Tue, 06 September 2011 16:42 Go to previous message
John Watson
Yes, H (or U), thanks for the feedback. I didn't know about that oidpasswd utility.
Previous Topic: client machines unable to connect DB
Next Topic: Oracle forms 6i call form via static ip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:44:11 CDT 2024