Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Oracle forms 6i call form via static ip (Oracle 9i db,forms 6i)
Oracle forms 6i call form via static ip [message #522068] Tue, 06 September 2011 05:22 Go to next message
rajamohankumar
Dear friends & experts,

I had a query related to call_form function in forms 6i.How can I call a particular form via static ip(outside LAN),but the actual forms are stored in a server called "MAIN_SERVER" which resides in internal LAN domain.That is I have stored location of all my forms path(fmx)in my database table called "FORMS_LOCATION" in the MAIN_SERVER system under the directory "FORMS".From here only users can call all the forms by call_form function.To understand see the example below,

In the table FORMS_LOCATION,there is a column call "forms_path" which holds the value like,

//MAIN_SERVER/FORMS/EMPLOYEE.FMX;
(server_name,foldername,form_name)

In application the call_form just uses the column "forms_path" to call the form.like CALL_FORM("forms_path",no_hide) this statement will call the form from the main_server.

Here 1.MAIN_SERVER is the name of the server system where forms fmx is actually stored under the folder name "FORMS".When the users access the particular form the call_form function call the form from the MAIN_SERVER.Now there are no problem inside the LAN.Incase if I access the database and call the form outside LAN via internet through STATIC IP what happened was database was connected but call_form function failed and not calling the form because which does not know the MAIN_SERVER/FORMS/ path.

Because my user want to access the form outside lan via internet,so I tried replacing the above statement like //192.54.67.98/FORMS/EMPLOYEE.FMX' with static ip in the prefix instead of local server called MAIN_SERVER.But its not working again.How can I do this?.What are the best solution for this?
Please somebody help me on this.

I will look forward to your reply.

Re: Oracle forms 6i call form via static ip [message #522285 is a reply to message #522068] Wed, 07 September 2011 22:42 Go to previous message
rajamohankumar
Please someone help me on this.Am waiting for reply.
Previous Topic: Registering a database with OID fails with "invalid directory service credentials"
Next Topic: Facing a issue on DBCA Installation, remotely from off-shore.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:59:11 CDT 2024