Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Help Required in accessing MSACCESS from Oracle using heterogeneous Service Agents (Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition,Release 11.1.0.7.0,64bit)
Help Required in accessing MSACCESS from Oracle using heterogeneous Service Agents [message #531086] Sun, 13 November 2011 04:14 Go to next message
sarfarazahmedv
Hi,
I have a requirement wherein I need to access the MSACCESS database table from Oracle Client. I went through the forum and could find many articles which was quite helpful. I have created ODBC datasource and have configured tnsnames.ora and listener.ora for the same. As a next step I am trying to configure HS init file for hsodbc connection but could'nt find the directory hs in $ORACLE_HOME (<ORACLE_HOME>\hs\admin\init******.ora). Can anybody advise if there should be any patch that needs to be applied for hsodbc connection in the server. Should there be any alternative kindly advise me on the same what needs to be done inorder to achive the same. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ahmed
Re: Help Required in accessing MSACCESS from Oracle using heterogeneous Service Agents [message #531094 is a reply to message #531086] Sun, 13 November 2011 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Post what you did. There is surely something wrong but we can only see what you show us.

Regards
Michel
Re: Help Required in accessing MSACCESS from Oracle using heterogeneous Service Agents [message #531109 is a reply to message #531094] Sun, 13 November 2011 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sarfarazahmedv
Many Thanks for your quick turn around Michel. This is with reference to message#286321. As a prerequisite to establish connection between the oracle and non oracle, I reckon we need to configure init<odbcNAME>.ora residing in $ORACLE_HOME (<ORACLE_HOME>\hs\admin\initodbcname.ora). I am trying to look in my db tier but couldn't find any hs directory I am afraid if I am looking in the correct path.

Thanks,
Ahmed

[Updated on: Sun, 13 November 2011 08:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help Required in accessing MSACCESS from Oracle using heterogeneous Service Agents [message #531111 is a reply to message #531109] Sun, 13 November 2011 09:35 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

>I have a requirement wherein I need to access the MSACCESS database table from Oracle Client.

Please clarify what you hope/desire to accomplish.
"Oracle Client" software allow a remote system to connect to Oracle DB Server using SQL*Net.
"Oracle Client" does not speak ODBC so can not be used to connect to MS ACCESS.
Previous Topic: DB not registered with listener
Next Topic: Oracle Database not connect from outside lan via static ip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:00:14 CDT 2024