Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » OBIEE 11g newbie - need guidelines (OBIEE11g, WinXPSP3 32bit, 2GB RAM)
OBIEE 11g newbie - need guidelines [message #531990] Sat, 19 November 2011 05:43
pmik76

Hello everyone,

I have installed OBIEE11g on Windows XP 32bit using simple install, mainly to start learning this technology. My initial aim is to create reports using BI publisher.

From what I have read through the manuals and blogs/forums/tutorials, I need to enable BI Pubisher Security mode, so that I control the roles and permissions through BI Publisher instead of using the whole server, instance, em stack. I have done that. My problem is that I cannot create a catalog for grouping my application folders and saving reports (and later assigning access rights to specific users and roles). What am I missing??? I thought that I needed to create a repository for the application, but I would not know where to start.

I could use someone to point me to the right direction. The Oracle Manuals are so interweaved and bouncing back and forth (from BI Server to Weblogic Server back to Publisher, etc). It is the first time that I really cannot find my way through the Oracle Documentation (I have previously installed and maintained various versions of Oracle Database, even on 10g RAC, I have been developing on Forms, Reports, Discoverer, PL/SQL applications). With OBIEE I'm at a loss.

Thank you in advance,
Petros
Previous Topic: BI Server Cache
Next Topic: Opening XML Report in EXCEL 2007 IN EBS 11i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:49:40 CDT 2024