Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Script to find report parameter (Report builder,6i,11g)
Script to find report parameter [message #534844] Fri, 09 December 2011 10:04 Go to next message
plsqlish
Hi All,

I just have a requirement.Is there any way to write any script which can find the report parameters which are used for its execution so that manual checking for many reports is avoidable as there are about hundreds of reports in our environment.

Thanks in advance.

please reply soon
Re: Script to find report parameter [message #534926 is a reply to message #534844] Sat, 10 December 2011 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know whether it exists (perhaps, if someone wrote it).

I've seen (and used) solutions where developers created their own REPORT and REPORT_PARAMETERS tables (parent - child relationship). Obviously, REPORT_PARAMETERS store parameters used in various reports. This solution includes a custom-made form that is used instead of default Reports' parameter form.

Having such a solution, it is a matter of seconds to find information you are currently interested in.

I wouldn't know how to search report files themselves for such an information.
Re: Script to find report parameter [message #535022 is a reply to message #534926] Sun, 11 December 2011 06:59 Go to previous message
plsqlish
Thanks but I too have implemented such a solution but for a few reports but I wanted if there is any way so that I may not need to look into the parameters manually but rather i would prefer any automatic solution like some script or so which might scan the report file and extract the parameters from it.

Thanks
Previous Topic: DESNAME WIDTH too narrow
Next Topic: Using Two Printers at a time (ones perfection raises others angerness)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:00:21 CDT 2024