Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Using Two Printers at a time (ones perfection raises others angerness) (Report 6.0.8.11.3 Windows XP)
Using Two Printers at a time (ones perfection raises others angerness) [message #535010] Sun, 11 December 2011 03:09 Go to next message
dude4084
Hi,

I want to use two printers with my system

1) Canon LBP-2900 (For customer A grade only)
2) Heat Thermal Star-TSP700II (For customer B grade only)

Problem: Each printer works independtly (stand alone) in a perfect way but when i try to use both the problem begins.

Exlpanation:
Situation no 1: When printer no 1 is set as default printer.

I saved the data and has given the command to print while calling run_product and giving it parameter "DESNAME", "DESTYPE". NOw the following thing will happen
Grade A Customer printing (on canon) = PERFECT
GRADE B Customer printing (on star) = worst as it gives 0.3 inches blank strip as output

Situation no 2: When printer no 2 is set as default printer and report background engine is closed to get refresh.

I saved the data and has given the command to print while calling run_product and giving it parameter "DESNAME", "DESTYPE". NOw the following thing will happen
Grade A Customer printing (on canon) = WORST as no paper is pprinted / (side note: HP P1005 prints blank page)
GRADE B Customer printing (on star) = Perfect

My anaylsis: I have noticed that the only "defualt" printer works the best.

How to fix this thing? Can we close background engine automatically and then change defualt printer???

Further note: In situaion no 2, if I run the report and see the preview and try to print it on canon then it gices 70% of the print out and 30% is missing as comapred to nothing is missed in ssituation no 2.

How to fix? any tip?

Re: Using Two Printers at a time (ones perfection raises others angerness) [message #535024 is a reply to message #535010] Sun, 11 December 2011 07:42 Go to previous message
dude4084
Problem fixed !!!

I used "prnmngr" and changed successfully the defualt printer right before running run_product.

Thanks to google.
Previous Topic: Script to find report parameter
Next Topic: Launching Discoverer Viewer from Forms menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:21:22 CDT 2024