Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to present report in XLS format with proper column headings (Report Builder 6i ( On Windows XP))
How to present report in XLS format with proper column headings [message #535180] Mon, 12 December 2011 11:40 Go to next message
Hometown
[MERGED by LF]

Dear All

I have a report and require the output in xls/xlsx (Excel) format. Currently following properties under System Parameters in Report Builder 6i have been made
Desname = The path for e.g: \\C:sz-server\c$\ihelp_working\xls\rpt_sample_report.xls
Desformat = Delimited
Destype = File

The rest parameters has default settings I have not changed any of the rest User parameter.The report comes up in excel format but totally in distorted manner. i.e; All the column names of report are displayed first in vertical format followed by actual rows for the report.
Please refer to the attachment to understand how is it appearing.
The requirement is like this
Code: [Select all] [Show/ hide]

Student ID   Student Name    Fathers Name   Guardian Name
       1         sample1        sample2      sample3
       2         sample4        sample5      sample6

And it is displaying like this
Student ID   Student Name    Fathers Name   Guardian Name 1 sample1 sample2  sample3
Student ID   Student Name    Fathers Name   Guardian Name 2 sample4 sample5  sample6 

Note: Please refer to the attachment to understand the requirement better.

Regards

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2011 09:38] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to present report in XLS format [message #535181 is a reply to message #535180] Mon, 12 December 2011 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
There is no attachment
How to present report in XLS format with proper column headings [message #535317 is a reply to message #535180] Tue, 13 December 2011 08:55 Go to previous message
Hometown
EDITED by LF: Duplicate message text deleted. I have left the newest attachment

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2011 09:40] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Disable Print Option
Next Topic: Sorting Data and Hidden Frames
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:23:15 CDT 2024