Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » REP-1108- increase layout defult
REP-1108- increase layout defult [message #547628] Thu, 15 March 2012 04:00 Go to next message
nava_am
I have a report with matrixs group,
when I try to add a new group in a new level,
I get this message :

REP-1108 : Cannot fit default layout even in region extending to page boundaries.

How can I increase the layout in 10g?
Re: REP-1108- increase layout defult [message #547629 is a reply to message #547628] Thu, 15 March 2012 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You need to keep the outmost frame within the page boundaries (the rightmost is visible in Paper Layout Editor). There's no problem in expanding the report "down", but you are restricted when moving "right".

What to do? I assume that paper size is fixed (obviously, you can't expect to print something on A3 paper if you have an A4 printer, so your paper size *should* be set to A4. Or letter, or whichever format you use).

The simplest way would be to delete everything you have and let Reports Wizard create the initial layout. It will be scrumbled and most probably very ugly, but - at least - won't break when you run the report. Then you'd manually, slowly and carefully, fix it, rearrange and make very pretty.

If you go into changing existing layout by adding new group, you must know what you are doing and how it is to be done. Otherwise, you'll lose lot of nerves & time, and the result is doubtful.

I can't think of any other option, sorry.
Re: REP-1108- increase layout defult [message #547635 is a reply to message #547629] Thu, 15 March 2012 04:43 Go to previous message
nava_am
Thanks!!!
Previous Topic: RDF Report
Next Topic: getting parameters from formula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:39:06 CDT 2024