Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Audit Destination Problem (Oracle 10gR2)
Audit Destination Problem [message #550303] Sun, 08 April 2012 06:13 Go to next message
jimmybhandari

Hi,

I have a single instance database, version 10gR2 on linux - Cent Os, with the following settings for the audit trials
SQL> show parameter aud

NAME TYPE VALUE
audit_file_dest string /u/p3/admin/DB1/audit
audit_sys_operations boolean FALSE
audit_syslog_level string
audit_trail string NONE

The minimal audits that get generated with audit_trial = none are going to the proper destination "/u/p3/admin/DB1/audit".

The problem is that in addition to going to "/u/p3/admin/DB1/audit", some of the audit files (specifically those that get generated when i startup the database)
are also getting created in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit/ directory.

What can be the reason for this and is there a way I can prevent this from happening?
Re: Audit Destination Problem [message #550457 is a reply to message #550303] Mon, 09 April 2012 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

what happens after setting AUDIT_TRAIL=DB?
Re: Audit Destination Problem [message #550471 is a reply to message #550303] Mon, 09 April 2012 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimmybhandari

Hi Swan, Thanks for your reply. Just to give you more info on what happens with audit_trial=none, I am posting contents of the audit file. This gets generated when I startup the database. All other audit files go to the location I had given using audit_file_dest except this one which goes to both audit_file_dest as well as to ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/audit .

The same thing is happening with audit_trial='db'. Every time I issue Startup, it generates a similar file that goes to both locations.
Re: Audit Destination Problem [message #550476 is a reply to message #550471] Mon, 09 April 2012 13:50 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Connections as SYSDBA are ALWAYS audited.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: create user using java shell
Next Topic: Spanish character encryption problem in UTF8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:37:07 CDT 2024