Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » calling a form ! (oracle9i Server - Windows)
calling a form ! [message #552252] Tue, 24 April 2012 09:59 Go to next message
ollivier
Hi:

I'm useing oracle9i server from windows, i`m trying to call
a form from a mac !

But browse page remains blank !

Mac includes java actualization.

What's happend ?

Thanks a lot !

Daniel Ollivier
Re: calling a form ! [message #552265 is a reply to message #552252] Tue, 24 April 2012 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
ollivier wrote on Tue, 24 April 2012 10:59
Hi:

I'm useing oracle9i server from windows, i`m trying to call
a form from a mac !

But browse page remains blank !

Mac includes java actualization.

What's happend ?

Thanks a lot !

Daniel Ollivier

I do not know what java actualization is, but I am sure a mac will not support jinitiator, so you'll have to use JRE. Of course, your app server will have to have a configuration for JRE. Are other clients able to run the form?

You might want to look here at a compatibility matrix. Yes, it's for 10g, but you could at least get an idea of browsers and OS that are certified.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/as-certification-r2-101202-095871.html#BABGCBHA
Re: calling a form ! [message #552267 is a reply to message #552265] Tue, 24 April 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ollivier
Are other clients able to run the form?

Yes, but in windows, not in a mac

Could you help me to configure as JRE ?

it is in formsweb.cfg ?

Change of configuration is going to afect windows users ?

Thank a lot !

Daniel Ollivier.
Re: calling a form ! [message #552279 is a reply to message #552267] Tue, 24 April 2012 15:39 Go to previous message
joy_division
ollivier wrote on Tue, 24 April 2012 14:49
Are other clients able to run the form?

Yes, but in windows, not in a mac

Could you help me to configure as JRE ?

it is in formsweb.cfg ?

Change of configuration is going to afect windows users ?

Thank a lot !

Daniel Ollivier.

It is too difficult to explain how to setup formsweb.cfg. Do a search on google and you'll find many discussions. Maybe even here. You'll spend a lot of time reading. It took me weeks to get forms to work with JRE. So many options, not to mention the different versions of JRE, etc. I wish you luck as your probably going to scream a few times.

When you find the right configuration, it would/should not affect windows users. You would have to use a different RAD for windows users (the one that currently works) and add a new RAD for Mac users and they would use that RAD.
We currently have a jinitiator RAD and a JRE RAD in use when I work. People just use different links based on which they have installed (jinit vs. JRE).

Previous Topic: Guideline to upload forms using AS
Next Topic: Configure RAC (active - active) for Oracle AS 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:29:07 CDT 2024