Home » Other » Client Tools » limit of max pool size.
limit of max pool size. [message #553944] Wed, 09 May 2012 07:06 Go to next message
neetesh87
hello experts,
i want to know the limit of " max pool size" attribute in connection string. and at what basis it should be set. and i am using oracle 11.0.2.0.1

thanx in advance...
Re: limit of max pool size. [message #554051 is a reply to message #553944] Thu, 10 May 2012 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neetesh87
please reply my post.....
is there any way to find out the limit of max pool size.

thanks.

Re: limit of max pool size. [message #554066 is a reply to message #554051] Thu, 10 May 2012 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is the "Client Tools" forum. I'm quite sure you know which tool you are using. I suppose that some people know it simply by reading your post. Me, on the other hand, have no idea which tool would that be. Could you specify it? Is it a command line tool or a GUI tool?

Saying that there's the "max pool size attribute in connection string", how does this connection string look like?

Other than that, you Googled for this, didn't you? No luck so far?
Re: limit of max pool size. [message #554114 is a reply to message #554066] Thu, 10 May 2012 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neetesh87
thanks for your guidense sir,
i am asking for my company's application ,in which we use oracle 11.0.2.0.1 as backend and vb.net as front end. and a connction is established between the backend and frontend through the conncetion string, in which "max pool size" attribute is used.
then i want to know that what is the maximum limit of "max pool size" attribute and at what basis it is set.whose default max limit is 100.

thanks again........
Re: limit of max pool size. [message #554117 is a reply to message #554114] Thu, 10 May 2012 07:56 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Documentation I found with Google in 5 seconds (Oracle® Data Provider for .NET Developer's Guide)says:
Quote:
The Max Pool Size attribute of the ConnectionString sets the maximum number of connections for a connection pool. If a new connection is requested, no connections are available, and Max Pool Size has been reached, then the connection pooling service waits for the time defined by Connection Timeout. If the Connection Timeout has been reached and there are still no connections available in the pool, the connection pooling service raises an exception indicating that the pooled connection request has timed-out.

Is this what you are asking?

[Updated on: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: login as sys using sqlplus
Next Topic: insufficient privileges error while using copy command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:56:37 CDT 2024