Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recovery Terminate due to log corruption. (Oracle 11g R2)
Recovery Terminate due to log corruption. [message #560986] Wed, 18 July 2012 02:32 Go to next message
chintan.patel
Dear Friends

I an trying user managed recovery using archived and redo log files.
I had restored old cold backup, then copy latest control file, redo log files, and archived log files at actual locations.
Now I tried to recover database using following steps.
Quote:

connect sys as sysdba
startup mount;
recover database;
auto

After applied some archived files, one of the archived file corrupted and recovery cancel due to error, then i shut down the database.
Now i want to copy corrupted archived file from backup and run the recovery further. so my question that should i have to run recovery from the beginning or can i run the recover from the last status of the database.

Thank You,
Chintan

Re: Recovery Terminate due to log corruption. [message #560988 is a reply to message #560986] Wed, 18 July 2012 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Run RECOVER DATABASE again, and you'll see what happens.

Since you are using 11.2, you could generate advice and a recovery script from RMAN, use the LIST FAILURE / ADVISE FAILURE / REPAIR FAILURE commands.
Re: Recovery Terminate due to log corruption. [message #560991 is a reply to message #560988] Wed, 18 July 2012 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chintan.patel
Thanks John

That means recovery starts from the last status where it stops.

Regards
Chintan
Re: Recovery Terminate due to log corruption. [message #560996 is a reply to message #560991] Wed, 18 July 2012 03:32 Go to previous message
chintan.patel
Dear Friends

Further to this topic, Should i know my archived file is corrupted or not before using for the recovery operation. is there any method or tool for the same.

Thank You,
Chintan
Previous Topic: ORA-01135 and ORA-01110
Next Topic: cloning script request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:44:14 CDT 2024