Home » Other » General » Real Time Data integration
Real Time Data integration [message #561161] Thu, 19 July 2012 04:08 Go to next message
navkrish

Hi There,

I am undergoing Masters and would like to simulate real-time data integration project. I heard about oracle golden gates as well as ODI. Both support real-time data integration.

Questions:

1) What is the difference between both. I tried to google but would like to know from the expects. I am confused.

2) Can we install Oracle production (Oracle database, ODI, golden gates) in personal laptop without paying for the softwares and perform the project. This is not for client products or for production. This will be just a study project for Master degree program.

Please help and your response are highly valuable to me.

Thanks!
Naveen

[Updated on: Thu, 19 July 2012 04:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Real Time Data integration [message #561165 is a reply to message #561161] Thu, 19 July 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
1) I don't know.
2) Yes, as far as I can tell. Details are written in OTN License Agreement (you need to accept before downloading Oracle products).
Re: Real Time Data integration [message #565456 is a reply to message #561165] Tue, 04 September 2012 10:22 Go to previous message
vincentH4357
for the number One:
As far as I know, ODI is used to extract data from a source like databases or files, transform and load data in a staging area & targeted database.
Golden Gate product is for real-time ETL.
Previous Topic: Documentation
Next Topic: How To Control Perl.exe File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:39:11 CDT 2024