Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » special characters in oracle report
special characters in oracle report [message #564095] Tue, 21 August 2012 06:59 Go to next message
Rockstar
Dear friends

How to represent special characters in oracle reports...
i have a field which takes some data in varchar format
in this i used some special symbol its fine when store it into the database
but when i generate report this special symbols are represented by mirror of ? sign

how to solve this problem pls reply.......

Thanx
  • Attachment: test.JPG
    (Size: 25.11KB, Downloaded 1102 times)
Re: special characters in oracle report [message #564967 is a reply to message #564095] Wed, 29 August 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is font (that is supposed to display these characters) installed on an application server (which, actually, runs the report)?
Re: special characters in oracle report [message #565051 is a reply to message #564967] Thu, 30 August 2012 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar
i cant get your reply
how can i know that the characters are installed on application
server or not.
Re: special characters in oracle report [message #565096 is a reply to message #565051] Thu, 30 August 2012 09:13 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
When you created a report, you set field's font to "something" (for example, Arial, Times New Roman, Courier and similar). Then you run the report from the Reports Builder and the output is OK (i.e. "special characters" work just fine).

Finally, you deploy the report and users run it from an application server - server, which generates the result (a PDF, for example), should have the same font as the one you used (i.e. Arial, Times New Roman, ...).

You'd find that out by asking a person who maintains your application server.

On the other hand, that might not be the issue (but I wouldn't know what could be, then).
Previous Topic: Alternative for Live Previewer
Next Topic: How to fetch data based on the given criteria.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:29:41 CDT 2024