Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » how to change archivelog destination in oracle 10g (oracle 10g, windows 7 64 bit)
how to change archivelog destination in oracle 10g [message #574498] Fri, 11 January 2013 05:36 Go to next message
x-oracle
Hello,
I want to change my archive log destination currently my database its in archive mode and this archive log detail as under

SQL> archive log list
Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled
Archive destination            F:\archivelogs
Oldest online log sequence     220
Next log sequence to archive   221
Current log sequence           221
SQL> show parameter DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
db_recovery_file_dest                string      F:\flash
db_recovery_file_dest_size           big integer 8000M
SQL>

this my f drive space is full so i want to change this my archive destination to my another g drive so how can i do this.and if i change this my archive destination does its affect any problem while recover my database in future.please help me in this situation
Re: how to change archivelog destination in oracle 10g [message #574500 is a reply to message #574498] Fri, 11 January 2013 05:54 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ ALTER SYSTEM SET <archived log destination parameter you use>=<anywhere you want>;
See "show parameter archive" and Database SQL Reference for ALTER SYSTEM

2/ If you use RMAN to backup and you need to recover you will have to catalog the archived logs (backups) if you don't restore them in the same location they were backed up.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Re: does the full cold backup of rman include onlinde redologs?
Next Topic: Recovery on DR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:00:34 CDT 2024