Home » Infrastructure » Unix » new dba has some question , need help (ORACLE, 9i,10g)
new dba has some question , need help [message #579387] Tue, 12 March 2013 01:23 Go to next message
sureshs
NEW TO DBA WORLD SO HAVE SOME QUESTION AND DOUBT HELP ME FRIENDS TO EXCEL
1. how to create a user exactly similar to that of another user?
2.how to refresh a schema from one db to another database using both R-MAN and expdp/impdp
3.IF db is up and running someone deleted your controlfile , what will happen to your database
i) one of the controlfile is deleted?
ii) whole controlfile is deleted?
4.if online redo logs are accidently got deleted, how to manage it?
5. how to drop default temporary tablespace ?

friends atleast members checkout my questions ans one of those
Re: new dba has some question , need help [message #579400 is a reply to message #579387] Tue, 12 March 2013 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1. There is no direct way to do it but many tools provide it; I advice you to NOT do this, a user should be created with a list of its parameters, not like another user that may have been modified and contain some things you actually don't want to give to the new one.
2. Use Data Pump, RMAN is not made for this
3. You can download for free Oracle XE and try it yourself.
4. This is explained in details in Database Backup and Recovery Advanced User's Guide
5. We do not do homework for you, study your course materials and come back with your own answers, we will then tell you if you are correct or not and help you to go further.

Regards
Michel
Re: new dba has some question , need help [message #579414 is a reply to message #579400] Tue, 12 March 2013 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sureshs
Thanks MICHEl
1. to create a new user same as old user what are the parameters v need to check other than Default_tablespace, temp_tablespace, profile , privileges and quotas
Re: new dba has some question , need help [message #579420 is a reply to message #579414] Tue, 12 March 2013 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Resource manager parameters.

Regards
Michel
icon12.gif  Re: new dba has some question , need help [message #583551 is a reply to message #579414] Wed, 01 May 2013 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niranjan.a.88@gmail.com
to create a copy of a user use package
dbms_metadata.get_ddl
dbma_metadata.get_granted_ddl

get the encoded password of user from dba_users & :- (select username,password from dba_users)
create user usr_name identified by values 'encoded password';

Get DDL of user to be created:
select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('USER','<USERNAME>') from dual;

Get all their roles and grants as well:-

SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_GRANTED_DDL('ROLE_GRANT','<USERNAME>') FROM DUAL;
SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_GRANTED_DDL('SYSTEM_GRANT','<USERNAME>') FROM DUAL;
SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_GRANTED_DDL('OBJECT_GRANT','<USERNAME>') FROM DUAL;

hope this helps u!! Smile

regards, niranjan

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 00:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: new dba has some question , need help [message #583584 is a reply to message #583551] Thu, 02 May 2013 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You still do not get resource manager parameters with that.

Regards
Michel
Re: new dba has some question , need help [message #583597 is a reply to message #583584] Thu, 02 May 2013 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niranjan.a.88@gmail.com
Hi Michel

are u telling about "resource_manager_plan" parameter.... i have no knowledge about this. Confused

regards, niranjan
Re: new dba has some question , need help [message #583599 is a reply to message #583597] Thu, 02 May 2013 03:14 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I'm talking about initial resource consumer group for instance (see DBA_USERS).

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 03:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Significant virtual memory paging was detected on the host operating system.
Next Topic: Snap Management Utility, DB Cloning,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:06:52 CDT 2024