Home » Other » Training & Certification » find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? (Oracle 11g)
find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #598623] Wed, 16 October 2013 06:20 Go to next message
rc3d
Hi

I am now in hands-on training (industrial placement), getting experience with SQL and *NIX Shell.

If I would pass 1Z0-047 without dumps and understand/know the objectives, does this provide me an intersting Oracle job?

What kind of job after 1Z0-047?

Is 1Z0-047 good for entry level job, or no help?
Or I need to learn an additional skill?
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #598627 is a reply to message #598623] Wed, 16 October 2013 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Once you complete your certification paths, you can download the logo from Oracle university, your certification success kit will have a link. You could use it in your resume.

Having said that, read about the certification paths and status, and what Oracle has to say about it.

As far as I can say, nobody can guarantee a job based on just gaining a certification. It completely depends on the knowledge level and skill set and experience. I know few folks who are quite experienced and work at top notch firms, but they never did any certification.

Yes, it might be an add on advantage to gain the certifications, with a sole aim to gain knowledge and deliver efficiently.

Regards,
Lalit
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #598648 is a reply to message #598623] Wed, 16 October 2013 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

The question "If I get this certification, will I get that job" has no meaning. Certifications don't work that way. I look on certifications more as a micro-college degree, where I take a class specifically targeted at skills I need in my job and get a report card with a passing grade for doing so. The important part is that in 'passing the class', I learned skills that will be useful to me in my job. Gaining a certificate doesn't guarantee getting a job any more than getting a four year degree does... but both can help.

If you are going to be working with SQL in your career, then learning the information required to pass the SQL Expert exam will be useful to you. It may also be an edge that helps you to get a job in the future. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that passing the exam makes you a SQL expert, though.

http://ocprep.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-defines-oracle-expert.html

Quote:
Or I need to learn an additional skill?

I've been working with Oracle for almost 18 years now and I still spend time every year working to learn additional skills. In the technology field, you are either learning or falling behind.
icon14.gif  Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #598655 is a reply to message #598648] Wed, 16 October 2013 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
http://ocprep.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-defines-oracle-expert.html

This is a good article, I hope it will profit to learners and fix their misconceptions, I hope.

Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #600075 is a reply to message #598655] Thu, 31 October 2013 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rc3d
I hope to get job (made application) with product "Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition" and Oracle Warehouse Builder 11g

you need SQL know how for OBIEE 11g?

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2013 10:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #600083 is a reply to message #600075] Thu, 31 October 2013 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Have you read the user guide yet? It is 1060 pages. This is a very serious piece of software.
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #600088 is a reply to message #600075] Thu, 31 October 2013 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

I work very hard not to reply to forum questions with snarky comments. I like helping people new to Oracle and do not want to appear mean. I had to add this disclaimer because every way I have considered phrasing my answer seems snarky... but is really the only advice I see as being appropriate to the question.

If you know so little about a product (any product, not just OBIEE) that you have to ask on an open forum what skills are required to use it, then this is a red flag that you should not be applying for jobs that require knowledge of it.
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #601648 is a reply to message #600088] Sat, 23 November 2013 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rc3d
Teradata seems to be popular with cloud (I see lots of job offers wanting Teradata know-how). Does it also uses SQL? Similiar to Oracle SQL? Or something other?
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #601650 is a reply to message #600088] Sat, 23 November 2013 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rc3d
matthewmorris68 wrote on Thu, 31 October 2013 12:50
I work very hard not to reply to forum questions with snarky comments. I like helping people new to Oracle and do not want to appear mean. I had to add this disclaimer because every way I have considered phrasing my answer seems snarky... but is really the only advice I see as being appropriate to the question.

If you know so little about a product (any product, not just OBIEE) that you have to ask on an open forum what skills are required to use it, then this is a red flag that you should not be applying for jobs that require knowledge of it.

I was very close to get that OBIEE 11g job. I am very young and willing to learn Smile

I was invited to interview, sadly they took other guy.
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #601657 is a reply to message #601650] Sat, 23 November 2013 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Quote:
I am very young and willing to learn

That is great. It is the whole point of certifications and it is why I spend so much of my time writing guides and articles and why very senior people spend their free time on this and other forums answering questions. To be skilled with the Oracle database, there is a lot to learn.

Quote:
I was very close to get that OBIEE 11g job...
I was invited to interview, sadly they took other guy.

I don't know enough about the situation to say if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Had you gotten the job, you right now would have no idea how to do it. That would be bad. It would be worse if the company had hired you under the impression that you were knowledgeable in OBIEE.

If you were honest with them that you did not know anything about it but that you were willing to learn and the company still hired you, then that's fine. They would have known exactly what they were getting. That said -- most companies hiring someone for a position want the person to actually have some knowledge of what the position entails.
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #601658 is a reply to message #601648] Sat, 23 November 2013 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Quote:
(I see lots of job offers wanting Teradata know-how). Does it also uses SQL? Similiar to Oracle SQL? Or something other?

You are young and willing to learn. A quick Google search will locate huge amounts of information on Teradata.
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #602284 is a reply to message #601658] Mon, 02 December 2013 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rc3d
I think I will try my luck with MySQL. MySQL is more junior-friendly than Oracle server. Oracle server is for the older, more experienced guys.

I am learning MySQL. The good news I know already a lot from OCA 11g training.
Re: find job with Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert [1Z0-047]? [message #602299 is a reply to message #602284] Mon, 02 December 2013 19:21 Go to previous message
matthewmorris68

Quote:
MySQL is more junior-friendly than Oracle server. Oracle server is for the older, more experienced guys.

Despite a feeling that I have suddenly become ancient -- I will grant that MySQL is likely to offer an easier entry for newcomers than Oracle positions in many cases. That said, when I have looked at MySQL job offers, they generally want you to have MySQL skills paired with something else -- most commonly PHP.
Previous Topic: German book; MySQL 5.6 - Das umfassende Handbuch (Galileo Computing)
Next Topic: ORACLE ADF TRAINING in Chennai
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:38:41 CDT 2024