Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Licensing for Java Development (Sun Fire T2000, Solaris 11)
Licensing for Java Development [message #601897] Tue, 26 November 2013 22:09
Triadic
Before i get too far ahead of myself, here is a little backlog of information. In 2008 the company i work for purchased a whole rack on sun equipment, primarily consisting of Sun Fire T2000's. This was part of a development project to asses the concept of developing a large scale web application on SPARC hardware. Well then the recession hit and the project go put on hold. The servers were put in storage and i just pulled them out today to restart the development process.

In that time frame, sun was bought out buy oracle and everything has changed. I really want to be able to get firmware updates, but i can't because i lack a support contract. I really don't know the best route here. At the moment i do not know how much it would cost to get support contract for the T2000's. Realistically i only need support for one at the moment. Considering the company already invested quite a bit of money in these server it's going to be hard to justify spending a lot of money just to use the hardware.

I've also heard it may be better to become a developer OPN to get firmware updates, but i don't really know. Since this is only for development purposes, shouldn't this be covered under the development portion of the license?
Previous Topic: OAF page issues
Next Topic: ORA-24324: service handle not initialized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:07:23 CDT 2024