Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Performance Monitoring .
Performance Monitoring . [message #603770] Thu, 19 December 2013 04:46 Go to next message
VIP2013
Hi, we are using Release 11.2.0.3.0 version of oracle.

As a part of operation team, i am required to proactively monitor prod database performance metrics and highlight if any issue before hand and fixing the same.I have 'Readonly data access+Select Catalogue role' with me for Prod database.

I asked for OEM access but due to no of max users limit reached on OEM , prod DBA's are stepping back, for providing any other user, access to OEM.

So my question is, Is it possible to get all the information from the performance views directly(as i have Select catalogue role) without even access to GUI tool OEM. or is there any other way?

What are the main points, that i should include as a part of this proactive monitoring of DB performance? please suggest.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 December 2013 04:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Performance Monitoring . [message #603775 is a reply to message #603770] Thu, 19 December 2013 05:22 Go to previous message
martijn
Everything you need to know is in the tables and views. So this can be accomplished by sql.
However :
1) I'm not quite sure that "select catlogue role" is enough
2) If OEM is allready selecting performance data, it seems odd to me that you can not have a account in the OEM to have a look. The situation you describe results in two (OEM en your scripts) processes gathering information. Seems somewhat redundant (espacially from a performance point of view)

I would probably have a look at locks, broken jobs, excessive disk access (but..what is excessive),.....
Previous Topic: Optimizing Select from VIEW
Next Topic: Query taking more time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:26:57 CDT 2024