Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Temp objects stops log apply at standby (11g, 11.2.0.3, solaris10)
Temp objects stops log apply at standby [message #608560] Fri, 21 February 2014 01:21 Go to next message
ashishkumarmahanta80
Dear All,

On logical standby, temp objects are getting piled-up and stops apply process. We have to skip those transactions manually.

i.e
owner.dbms_tabcomp_temp_cmp
owner.dbms_tabcomp_temp_uncmp

Is there any way to handle it, so that no need of manual work? May be this is happening because at primary side user might be running jobs and through that temp table is creating and getting dropped after it completion and not getting sync at logical side?

Waiting for your kind response on the same...

Regards,
Ashish Kumar Mahanta

Re: Temp objects stops log apply at standby [message #608574 is a reply to message #608560] Fri, 21 February 2014 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I think you have to provide better information. For example:
What are these "temp objects"? Are they, for example, global temporary tables? Or something else?
What does "getting piled up" mean?
You say "temp table is creating and getting dropped". Are you really saying tht your software creates and drops tables dynamically? Why??
What does "not getting sync at logical side" mean?
Re: Temp objects stops log apply at standby [message #608731 is a reply to message #608574] Mon, 24 February 2014 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashishkumarmahanta80
Dear John,

Below mentioned tables are global temporary tables. These are getting created during the initiation of batch job and gets dropped before job complete.

How to skip these objects so that ODS database should not be out of sync.
Since, we need to skip these transactions manually to make SYNC with OLTP.

Regards,
Ashish Kumar Mahanta
Re: Temp objects stops log apply at standby [message #608733 is a reply to message #608731] Mon, 24 February 2014 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
To create global temporary tables and then drop them is stupid.
Apart from that, I do not know what your problem is. It might help if you answered the questions I asked previously. And one more: what is "ODS"?
Re: Temp objects stops log apply at standby [message #608735 is a reply to message #608733] Mon, 24 February 2014 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashishkumarmahanta80
Dear John,

I am getting error as "owner.dbms_tabcomp_temp_uncmp is unsupported" at logical standby dataguard side.

Regards,
Ashish
Re: Temp objects stops log apply at standby [message #618193 is a reply to message #608735] Wed, 09 July 2014 04:13 Go to previous message
ashishkumarmahanta80
Dear John,

I have kept it in skip list after consulting with developers.

Now, the reported problem is resolved.

Regards,
Ashish Kumar Mahanta
Previous Topic: logstdby.build is taking time to execute
Next Topic: RFS LogMiner: RFS id [17956926] assigned as thread [1] PING handler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:52:24 CDT 2024