Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Backup and Recovery (Oracle 10.2/11.2 RHEL6.4)
Backup and Recovery [message #612528] Mon, 21 April 2014 02:35 Go to next message
novoice_to_professional
Hello everyone,
I am a new dba learner. According to the bank committee's regulation a bank must hold 5 years of data. I have a database server that are holding current data upto 21st April 2014. Bank committee may ask to Audit data on a specific date like 5th August 2012. I have Each day incremental level 1 rman backup and Every month incremental level 0 rman backup.

Now I need to know if they ask for that, then what to do in Testing Server to restore data from 5th August 2012 incremental level 1 rman backup and How?

If the situation is not clear then please ask more details I will try to elaborate that.

Please reply urgent..
Re: Backup and Recovery [message #612529 is a reply to message #612528] Mon, 21 April 2014 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You need to research "point in time recovery". This is a large topic that is not feasible to teach in a forum. You could also study the "flashback data archive" facility, which is intended for exactly the scenario you describe.

Incidentally, using words like "urgent" does not make you many friends on a public forum. Your problem is not urgent to me, unless you are paying for support (my boss will happily send you quote for consultancy or teaching services).
Re: Backup and Recovery [message #612530 is a reply to message #612528] Mon, 21 April 2014 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Database Backup and Recovery Advanced User's Guide
Chapter 3 RMAN Recovery Concepts, sections Incomplete or Point-In-Time Recovery and Tablespace Point-in-Time Recovery
Chapter 8 RMAN Tablespace Point-in-Time Recovery (TSPITR)
Chapter 20 Performing User-Managed TSPITR

But before make sure you master Database Backup and Recovery Basics

Re: Backup and Recovery [message #612533 is a reply to message #612530] Mon, 21 April 2014 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
novoice_to_professional
Dear Sir @John Watson and @Michel Cadot,
Thank you for your Quick Response. Actually I wrote urgent only for quick reply. So Sorry about that.
I had learned all these chapter but I didn't apply that. Now I need to apply or test like that.

If any suggestion to do this please provide and that will really helpful for me.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Backup and Recovery [message #612534 is a reply to message #612533] Mon, 21 April 2014 03:27 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Apply them now.

Previous Topic: Recover control file using RMAN
Next Topic: ob2rman.pl takes longer time and utilize 100% CPU usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:41:48 CDT 2024