Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Wrong datafiles and logfiles address in standby Controlfile (oracle 11gr2 data guard)
Wrong datafiles and logfiles address in standby Controlfile [message #622300] Mon, 25 August 2014 01:13 Go to next message
saeed_sp

Hi any body.
While creating data guard i use "Alter database create standby control file as 'd:\somefile.txt' " to create controlfile for standby database.but when i mount standby database using this controlfile data files and log files address (v$datafile,v$logfile ) are same as primary database.I have different path on standby for database files .and i set db_file_name_convert and log_file_name_convert.
db_file_name_convert='dbg1','db'
log_file_name_convert='dbg1','db1'

so after mounting redo transfer works ok but applying redo doesn't work.So i forced to startup mount and then renaming all data files and log file with new path on standby.and it works ok!
I have some question:
1-I did the same process some months ago and it worked ok!, So wahts the problem?
2-Does oracle itself changes data file and log file names for standby control file when I create it!?(Alter database create standby controlfile as 'd:\somefile.txt')
Or it did it while mounting controlfile on standby database?!(startup mount)
3-at last where can i find oracle command source to know what relay it does?!!
(for example source of this command : "alter database create standby control file")
Re: Wrong datafiles and logfiles address in standby Controlfile [message #622321 is a reply to message #622300] Mon, 25 August 2014 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
When you say this,
Quote:
i set db_file_name_convert and log_file_name_convert.
do you mean that you specified them in your DUPLICATE DATABASE FOR STANDBY command, or do you mean that all you did was set them in your standby instance parameter file?

Does this
Quote:
Alter database create standby control file
mean tat you are trying to do it manually, rather than with RMAN?
Re: Wrong datafiles and logfiles address in standby Controlfile [message #622331 is a reply to message #622321] Mon, 25 August 2014 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saeed_sp

Quote:
When you say this,
Quote:
i set db_file_name_convert and log_file_name_convert.
do you mean that you specified them in your DUPLICATE DATABASE FOR STANDBY command, or do you mean that all you did was set them in your standby instance parameter file?

No.I specified them just in standby parameter file.

Quote:
Does this
Quote:
Alter database create standby control file
mean tat you are trying to do it manually, rather than with RMAN?

I created standby database manually and didn't use rman duplicate command.
Re: Wrong datafiles and logfiles address in standby Controlfile [message #622332 is a reply to message #622331] Mon, 25 August 2014 03:55 Go to previous message
John Watson
You are in Iran. Your use of Oracle is illegal. I regret having replied earlier, and cannot give further assistance.
Previous Topic: Database sync
Next Topic: Datafile Fractured
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:51:54 CDT 2024