Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » advice/guidance on Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler (Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler)
advice/guidance on Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler [message #636725] Thu, 30 April 2015 17:03 Go to next message
fluffycone
I'm looking into Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler. So far it seem fairly good but a little complex to navigate around in. Are there any good books or other resource to help me learn how to use the tool efficiently and effectively? The only book I found on the product is "Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler for Database Design Mastery" which is not out until May 18, 2015.

I have also worked though some of the free online training, but they always seem to stop really short.

And how about the tool itself. How does it compare to other tools in the same space? I remember using SyBase data modeling tool about 7-8 years ago.

Thanks,
Re: advice/guidance on Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler [message #636747 is a reply to message #636725] Fri, 01 May 2015 07:18 Go to previous message
thatjeffsmith

Heli's book is great, but I was a technical editor, so I'm a bit biased.

I have a few posts on how to get up and running with the Modeler here as you wait for the book.

I'm the Product Manager, so again I'm a bit biased, but my customers tell me if you're designing Oracle Databases, it's the best tool out there, free or $$$$.
Previous Topic: Short name in oracle designer ERD 10g
Next Topic: Repository Designer 10GR2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:35:21 CDT 2024