Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Where can I get Oracle 8i for Netware 5.x or 6
Where can I get Oracle 8i for Netware 5.x or 6 [message #55691] Mon, 10 February 2003 07:35 Go to next message
Tomás Mateos
Now I have Oracle 8.04 on a Netware 6.0 server, and I would like to know if the latest version of Oracle for Netware can be obtanained from anywhere for evaluation purpose, I've tried from Oracle web page but they don't have anything for Netware.

I know is better to migrate to Oracle 9i for Linux, but I would like to tried Oracle 8i in Netware first.

Thanks.
Re: Where can I get Oracle 8i for Netware 5.x or 6 [message #55700 is a reply to message #55691] Mon, 10 February 2003 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Try Oracle Store. They used to sell the CD-ROM bundles for every OS platform. It cost $45.00 but has at least 12 CD-ROM's . Not sure if they support NetWare anymore. They leaned to Linux latelly.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Where can I get Oracle 8i for Netware 5.x or 6 [message #55733 is a reply to message #55691] Wed, 12 February 2003 16:54 Go to previous message
Tomás Mateos
I've been looking for it yet but I haven't found it, but I don't want to buy it until I'm sure that the problems that I have with Oracle 8.0.4 for Netware are solve in the Oracle 8i release.

The fact is some internal errors in Core40 module, and some other, that causes critical problems in the services hosted by the server, and sometimes it goes down.

If I try the oracle 8i release and I have the same problems I will migrate to Linux.

Can you give me any advice?

Thanks for your help.
Previous Topic: Re: SOLUTION for problem of loading oracle9i with 6i in pentium 4 processor machine
Next Topic: Net send for win98 SE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:49:27 CDT 2024