Home » Other » Training & Certification » "Practice" questions
"Practice" questions [message #646382] Tue, 29 December 2015 04:56 Go to next message
suwrna
hello, i am new member
i am preparing for 1Z0-051 exam . where i get practice exam test?
help me out

--moderator update: split from a hijack of another topic,

[Updated on: Tue, 29 December 2015 05:09] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Practice" questions [message #646385 is a reply to message #646382] Tue, 29 December 2015 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

The books I've written for Oracle Press include dummy exams,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oracle-Database-Fundamentals-Exam-Guide/dp/0071597867

or Matthew Morris's may be more realistic,
http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/apex/f?p=OCPSG:Practice_Tests

However, I would ask "why do you want any practice tests?" If you pass, all it proves is that you can pass a practice test. It says nothing about whether you will the real t est.
Why not just book it, and have a go? It doesn't cost much, and if you fail, you should pass second tinme for sure becaue the feedback report will tell you exactly what extra studying you need to do.

And lastly, why sit the 11g exam? The 12c version has been out for a year or two now.
Re: "Practice" questions [message #646396 is a reply to message #646385] Tue, 29 December 2015 17:34 Go to previous message
matthewmorris68

It may seem a bit counter-intuitive, but I'm not a huge advocate of practice tests as a method of exam preparation. I have taken over two dozen Oracle certification exams and have not used practice tests for any of them. Many years ago I used some Transcender practice tests when I was pursuing an MCSE... primarily because the company I worked for had them available in-house to assist people working towards those exams. I hate the thought of spending a significant fraction of the exam price in order to determine whether or not my study process has been effective. I also dislike the way that most practice tests are set up. The pricing model that encourages taking the tests many times over a short period of time combined with the 'study mode' of the tests encourages people who use them to essentially study to the test. To my mind, spending time and money learning how to answer practice questions is a waste of resources better allocated elsewhere.

I created the Oracle Certification Prep practice tests primarily because the most common complaint I received about the various study guides I have written for Oracle exams is that they contained no practice questions. I wrote an article on my blog that gave my opinions about end-of-chapter questions. They can be useful, but they definitely don't give candidates an accurate indication about how prepared they are for an exam. I started work on creating the Oracle Certification Prep practice tests soon after writing that post. If I was going to spend time creating a bunch of practice questions, I wanted a result that addressed what I consider to be the major shortcomings of existing practice tests on the market in addition to those of end-of-chapter questions.

If you have been preparing for the 1Z0-051 exam and think you might be ready to schedule the exam, then you might find my practice test for 1Z0-051 useful for helping determine if you are ready and/or pointing out areas where you need to prepare further. If you are trying to learn the information that will help you pass the exam, you are much better off using John's book, or the documentation, or making use of articles, videos, and other materials such as those I have gathered links to at my 1Z0-051 exam resources page.
Previous Topic: Mac for Oracle
Next Topic: Oracle veteran book authors: please write MySQL study guides
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:32:29 CDT 2024