Home » Other » Client Tools » Unit Tests on SQL Developer - Startups and Teardowns (SQL Developer 4.1.3 - Windows 7)
Unit Tests on SQL Developer - Startups and Teardowns [message #648546] Thu, 25 February 2016 03:16 Go to next message
pcalzadolopez
Good day to all. I have found out that, when creating a unit test with several implementations in SQL Developer, although the Startups and Teardowns are shared code by all of these implementations, they are actually executed for each implementation. It means that, if I have 5 implementations, each startup and teardown will be executed 5 times (although, as I say, it is the same code).

What is the point in sharing startup and teardown code, if they are not executed just once for all unit test implementations? Does somebody know if this the intended behavior of SQL Developer?

Thank you.
Re: Unit Tests on SQL Developer - Startups and Teardowns [message #648555 is a reply to message #648546] Thu, 25 February 2016 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Welcome to this forum.

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:
OraFAQ Forum Guide
How to use {code} tags and make your code easier to read

>although the Startups and Teardowns are shared code by all of these implementations,
post URL to where "Startups and Teardowns" are documented.
Re: Unit Tests on SQL Developer - Startups and Teardowns [message #648577 is a reply to message #648555] Thu, 25 February 2016 15:18 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
To paraphrase yourself: is Google broken for you? Let's face it: you (nor me) know anything much about SQL Developer, its unit testing capabilities or startups and teardowns. So I suggest we leave this question (and answer) to someone who speaks the language (such as oh, THAT Jeff Smith!).
Previous Topic: using a prompt as a column
Next Topic: Version Control on Clients
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:08:39 CDT 2024