Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » trigger to retieve data into non database item (server2008, ofb 11g)
trigger to retieve data into non database item [message #668825] Thu, 15 March 2018 11:38 Go to next message
mattsme
hi all, dont think my previous post was clear.

i have a module registration form in 2 parts
part a user enters netid from lov this then needs to retrieve details of modules the student is registered on

part b has the module code as mtitle. this is a foreign key

i need to load details from module data block ie mtitle and fee where registration.mcode is the same as mtitle?
Re: trigger to retieve data into non database item [message #668838 is a reply to message #668825] Fri, 16 March 2018 14:15 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:

trigger to retieve data into non database item
WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM while entering new values; POST-QUERY (which uses the same code as WVI) while querying existing values. As both triggers use the same code, you could move it into a procedure which will then be called by both triggers.

As of the rest of your question: that looks like a master-detail form. Is it? If so, you should have used Data Block Wizard which would create relationship/triggers/procedures to correctly maintain that relationship. Once you do that, there's nothing else you should do - Forms will take care about everything.
Previous Topic: *newbie* please help!
Next Topic: load data from table outside of block into non db item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:49:56 CDT 2024